Friday, July 31, 2009

A chat with Tiina from LiviaConcept

Hi there! I'm introducing a new segment on Mocca & Me: A chat with... where I'll be interviewing people I think are interesting, creative and inspiring. In this very first edition I'm having a chat with the lovely Tiina from the fabulous blog LiviaConcept. I LOVE this blog and I'm absolutely obsessed with it! It's diverse, fresh, creative and inspiring. Please check it out!

Tiina is a fabulous 30 year old single girl that lives in the capital of Sweden, Stockholm. Tiina has been living an adventurous and fun life there for three years but is originally from Finland. Her parents, brother, his fiancée and their kids still live in Finland. Tiina has also lived in Uppsala (Sweden) and Shanghai due to her engineering studies. She works in IT and does enterprise resourse system planning and development. Right now she is just about to start at a new job as a Project Manager in IT and Tourism industry.

What made you start blogging?
I've been reading blogs and online interior resources and magazines for years, and I wanted to start collecting all the ideas and pictures in one place. I am also planning my own interior business, and blogging is the best way to connect with creative people.

What do you love the most about blogging?
I love all the people who day after day encourage each other to do their 'thing' and share their creative mindflows.

Where do you get your inspiration from?
My inspiration comes from all beautiful interiors I see both in everyday life and in my favorite blogs. I am very fond of colors, patterns and vintage furniture. Travelling to old cities is a big inspiration source for me!

Give us one tip you think everybody should know about.
Trust your opinions and gut feeling. If you think you are good at something, then you are that! Create your own safety net of people, but be independent and live your life as you want to live it. Cherish your family and friends, and show them that they are prioritised. Try always learn new things and develop in areas that you are interested in. Laugh a lot, cry when you need to, and be kind and helpful to each other!

Name one blog you’re jealous of and why?
Jealous, not really, but I admire Decor8 and Oh, Hello Friend for their creativity and Absolutely Beautiful Things for her home (yeah, I am jealous of Anna's home!)!

Who’s your favorite designer/interior decorator?
This is difficult since there's so many... I recently featured some extremely creative stylists/interior designers as Carolyn Quartermaine, Lucyina Moodie, Paul Joseph Hopper, and Pippa Jameson to name a few.

Tell us what your personal style is.
I love old furniture that I can remake. All my furniture is white and I love adding colorful cushions, paintings, candle holders, piles of magazines, lovely boxes and mirrors. I love gold, champagne color (and champagne too!!), pearl white, glas, pink, peonies and tulips, old wooden floors, and raw silk... Glamour! The most beautiful item ever is Bourgie by Kartell. My outfits are feminine and sometimes businessy, I love high heels, good quality clothing, Mulberry, Coccinelle and Furla handbags ( I would buy a lot if I could afford it!), and red and black nail polish. I am girly, I know! Even if I like jeans I very seldom wear them. I think my 'signature look' is black opaque tights, high heels, well cut dress, leather jacket, different scarfs and pearl earrings. And Chloé perfume!

Who’s house would you like to take a peak into?

Tricia Guild's. Please, let me come in for a cup of tea, I promise to bring cinnamon rolls and fresh flowers! Thank you.

How do you spend your free-time when not blogging?
I go to gym and meet my friends for coffee and dinner. I travel a lot too, mostly in Europe and Asia, quite often to London and Helsinki.

What is the absolute favorite , most precious thing you own and why?
I would say my home. It's the first flat I've ever bought, and it was a complete disaster. Now it's pretty lovely, small but cozy! Also my vintage coffee table that my friend gave to me. And my cat Pablo!

What is at the top of your wish list and why?
Launch my own little business project. Also a bigger apartment.

Any last words?
Thank you so much for honouring me with this interview! I'm so happy you came by my blog and wrote all the lovely comments. I'm quite new to blogging and really enjoy all the sweet comments and creative people I get to meet. I'm looking forward to read many more of your interviews and posts. Have a fantastic day my friend, and lots of creative thoughts and ideas for you and your readers. And warm welcome to Stockholm!

- Thank you so much Tiina for having a little chat with me! Keep up the wonderful work on your blog and I hope to visit Stockholm soon -


UPDATE: Tiina has moved her blog! LiviaConcept is now ELCE Stockholm.

3 comments:

  1. Great interview, and great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tiina and her blog so this was really fun to read. Great interview. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! *blush* I realy love Tiina's blog too, so it's realy nice to find out more about the person that's behind it. I'm very proud of the interview :-)

    Natascha XOXO

    ReplyDelete