Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inspiration board: black, white, grey with a touch of yellow

Here is another inspiration board that I want to share with you. It's not for my home though. Monday night a good friend of mine came by to see my place and to have a quick bite to eat. He just bought a beautiful '30's house with big windows and old features. And being a guy, he had no idea what to do with it decor wise. The house itself has some yellow elements (yellow tainted glass in the windows, and yellow portuguese tiles in the kitchen). We sat down and brainstormed a for a while, showed him some images here on my blog and we came up with a black, white and grey interior with yellow as an accent colour. I put together some images and did a quick online shoppinground and made him this inspiration board. He loves it! And I feel like a happy little decor fairy :-) So what do you think?

Inspiration board made by Mocca&Me. (Click on image for larger view).

2 comments:

  1. I love this mood board ... I am thinking to paint my bedroom in a dark steely grey but not sure I am brave enough as it is quite light at the moment. This mood board has definitely helped with the vision though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you do just one wall, the wall where your headboard is? And leave the rest of the walls white/light and use light colours and bedding... it could look fab! Let me know what you decided ;-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete