Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blog alert! The Design Files

I am SO excited about this next blog, called The Design Files, I can hardly contain myself. When I stumbled upon this blog a few days ago I a felt a a little rush of adrenaline go through my veins.You know, the kind of rush you get when you unexpectedly find something fantastic? I knew immediately I was going to be hooked. I spent hours reading every single post and it's now one of my daily reads. This blog is a true gem among all the other blogs out there in blogsphere.
The Design Files was founded in 2008 by Australian set dresser and stylist Lucy Feagins. The blog covers articles about design, architecture, interiors, art, craft and graphic design and it has regular features like interviews and guest blogs. Main focus of the blog is Australian design but you'll find great stories about international design as well.
What I love about this blog is that every topic of every post is so interesting and fresh and I actually read all the text of every article. There are blogs I visit where I don't really read the copy, I just scroll through the images. But The Design Files reads like a magazine and there is so much interesting information and little facts in every article.
 
My favorite feature is Australian homes where you can visit the homes of Australian residents and read about the people who live there. The homes are stunning and I am now convinced that Australians have a fantastic sense of style.
All images via The Design Files.


4 comments:

  1. I know Ive been following Lucy's blog for nearly 2 years now and its one of my favourite!Happy reading and great taste by the way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natascha | Mocca and MeJuly 8, 2011 at 5:32 PM

    Thanks for the sweet comment. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tip! have a sweet weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! nice house that u have. i liked it very much..ur Decoration of houses is super..
    Houses in Australia

    ReplyDelete