Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bedroom inspiration board - bringing sexy back

Hello dears! Remember in my previous post I told you about my plans of painting the focal wall of my boring all white bedroom wall black? Well, I have been thinking and deciding how to go about it. Because I don't want just a black and white room, that feels like it would be a it too cold. I do want the room to feel warm and stylish and feminine. I'm bringing sexy back into the room! I've been roaming the internet for ideas and I've come across some gorgeous things! I've done some shopping and I'm so excited about getting this room done now. I've created an inspiration board and I wanted to share with you the look I'm going for: 

I've bought the print of the Chanel No.5 painting by Anne Harwell *yay* and this became the inspiration for the rest of the look for the bedroom. Like I said, the focal will be painted black. The other walls I'm painting a very light sand color. I was looking for a tie dye cushion in black and white and then came across this fabulous aztec tie dye pillow, fell in love and bought it right away. I love the colors and they work well with the Chanel No.5 print I bought. I didn't want things to get too girly, so I decided to go for a cool industrial look for the bedside lamps and bought two bronze wall lamps that I'll be placing above the bed. I'm thrilled about this find because design lamps in this look cost at least three times more! In Stockholm I bought two 'floating' book holders that will make your stack of books look like they're floating. Cool, huh? I'm still browsing on Marktplaats (which is the Dutch version of Craigslist) for a wooden colonial looking chest to use as a night stand, like the image above. No luck so far. But the search goes on. And I'm thinking of buying a bamboo lamp for the ceiling, but I'm not sure yet. So, what do you think so far? I'd love to hear.


Source first image: unknown. Source second image: kkerrdesign.blogspot.co.uk. See text links for the source of the rest of the images.

6 comments:

  1. Wauw...ik denk dat het een prachtige slaapkamer zal worden. Ik ben dan ook erg benieuwd naar het eindresultaat! Met die mooie gekochte spullen kan het al niet meer mis gaan.
    Lieve groet,
    Henny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Het zal niet exact zo worden als op de foto's, die zijn ter inspiratie. Maar weet zeker dat het helemaal mooi wordt. Ik laat het eindresultaat t.z.t. zien ;-)
      Liefs,
      Natascha xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your moodboard is fab, your purchases divine!! Oh man, this is gonna be GOOD I can feel it in my bones. I think the secret to keeping that warm look is wood and texture and you've got it baby! Those bedside lamps are lusty. Yum. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaawww thanks hun! Glad you like it :-) Wood and texture is a great tip. I don't have wood yet in there right now (white Ikea furniture) but will be adding wooden chest and bamboo and probably a rotan or bamboo ceiling lamp. And the curtains, I need the right curtains... that'll be a hard one. I'll keep you posted.
      Have a beautiful weekend!
      Natascha xoxo

      Delete
  3. What a cool idea for a bedroom - contemporary boudior! Love the chanel print and bronze side lamps. Looking forward to seeing your end result Natascha. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geraldine! Aaw thank you :) And that's exactly the style I was going for, contemporary boudoir, without the frills ;-) I'll be posting images of the end result soon!
      Have a wonderful weekend
      xoxox

      Delete