Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Color inspiration - from blah to black!

Moving into a new apartment and getting the place organized and decorated takes so much time. I'm still not done unpacking. I've come to the conclusion that I don't have enough closet space and I desperately need to buy more closets to put in the guest room for the rest of my stuff. For my bedroom I've bought a wonderful big white PAX closet from Ikea, which took my dad days to put together! He is so patient. *bless him* Now that big white closet is sitting in my white bedroom with white walls and the room is looking rather blah! So, I need to add some color and character to the space. And I've decided to paint the room black! Well, at least one wall. I'm going from blah to black, people! Since I can't sleep I've been roaming the internet looking for inspiration. Here are my favorite finds.

   

I was inspired by the lovely Kimberly from Swoonworthy blog who has a fantastic home and a gorgeous bedroom all in black! I had met Kimberly at the Meet the Blogger event and got to spend some time with her. Besides being very talented and having a great sense of style, she is also one of the sweetest and kind spirited people I've met. And funny too. Check out her blog.

And by the way, how cute is this print of the Chanel no5 painting by Anne Harwell? I'm thinking of buying it for my bedroom. Love it.


Images via Pintrest, Desire to Inspire and the MadeByGirl shop. 

8 comments:

  1. do it darling! i've apinted many walls black, even though our house doesn't have too much natural light, and it's really looking good. sophisticated, cozy and beautiful backdrop for frames and mirrors! here's my inspiration

    http://www.lonny.com/photos/Living+Room/SyZWS4s4KlY


    have a lovely day!
    tiina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiina,
      I will! Good to hear that it still works in a room that doesn't have natural light :-) I love your inspiration picture ;-) And yes, I think the black will look beautiful as a background for framed images.
      Big hug,
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Klinkt goed! Ik ben benieuwd!

    Liefs Lisanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja he? Ik ben ook benieuwd ;-D Foto's volgen zodra de metamorfose achter de rug is.
      Liefs,
      Natascha

      Delete
  3. Ik hou van zwarte muren, stoer en sober. We hebben zelf al bijna 2 jaar een zwarte muur in onze woonkamer en ben er nog steeds niet op uitgekeken.
    Ben benieuwd hoe het eruit komt te zien.
    Lieve groet,
    Henny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Henny! Cool! En goed om te weten dat het niet gaat vervelen.
      By the way, je hebt nog wat van mij tegoed ;-) Als je mij een mail stuurt naar mocca.and.me@gmail.com met je adresgegevens, komt het alsnog jouw kant op ;-)
      Natascha xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh you sweet thing you!! Awww I got all mushy reading your lovely words :) Thank you!!! I loved meeting you as well and I'm THRILLED you are going all sexy black in your bedroom - DO IT DO IT DO IT!! I love it and wished I'd done it long before I actually worked up the courage to do it ;) Big smooches hunny and best of luck with the new place - so exciting!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimmy, babe! You're so welcome ;-) YES, I'm going for the black wall (I'm a bit scared, though hehe, but definitely doing it). Will let you know how it worked out!
      Big beso, girlee!
      Natascha xoxo

      Delete