Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My weekend in Stockholm part 1 - Meet the Blogger event

Hej vänner - this means 'hello friends' in Swedish - I just got back from... Stockholm! Yes, the past weekend I was in Stockholm to attend the Meet the blogger Stockholm event. It was such a wonderful experience! I have always wanted to go to Stockholm, the city had been on my Bucket list for a while now. So, when I saw that there was a bloggers meeting there I immediately booked a ticket. And I had the most fabulous time exploring bits of the city, hearing inspiring stories, learning new things and meeting wonderful, talented, creative people. I'm still excited about the whole experience! Since I have so much to share with you, I'll be doing so in different posts. In this post part 1 of my Stockholm weekend:

MEET THE BLOGGER STOCKHOLM 
On saturday february the 2nd, about 75 bloggers from all over Europe gathered at the Scandic Grand Central hotel for the Stockholm edition of Meet the Blogger.
The event kicked off with a talk from key note speaker Will Taylor of the blog BrightBazaar. I've been reading his blog for a while now, so I was very excited to hear him talk about how to build a bright and successful blogging brand and how he turned blogging into a full time job. He even created a super cute and super handy Guide to blogging infographic with all his tips for us to take with us. I'll be putting them into practice on my own blog. My favorite tip? "Be a creator, not a curator!"

The second presentation came from the sisters Thea and Toni (left photo: middle and right), the founders and editors of online magazine SistersMAG. They talked us through their creative process and shared with us their passion for online magazines. According to these sisters from Germany, the online magazine market will grown tremendously and that is why they recently launched their digital publishing company Carry-On Publishing. Impressive. After the lunch break it was time for a presentation from the editors of Heart Home Magazine (right) talking to us about how three passionate bloggers came to produce an online decor magazine. 

I also got to attend the workshop on photography and styling for your blog by Jeanette Lunde (left) of the popular photography blog By Fryd. My favorite workshop was by Kirsten Jassies (right) of Sanoma's bloggersnetwork Blog Today. She talked about the rise of visual content. Loved it. Great examples and tips! You'll find her presentation on SlideShare.

It was a great and inspiring day! And I have to mention the food at the Scandic Grand Central hotel! Not only did it look beautiful, it tasted fantastic as well!

THE BLOGGERS I MET...
Although I didn't get to talk to everyone, I met a bunch of creative, inspiring, sweet and wonderful bloggers during this event. It was great to meet the people behind some of the popular and more established blogs out there and also to meet some wonderful new bloggers. Here's a list of blogs and websites from the people I got to meet:

Thanks to Liselore (Tulipa Media) and her team for organizing this wonderful and fun event!
Tomorrow part 2 of my weekend in Stockholm: the Design Tour! Stay tuned...


Image credits: all images in this post were taken by me, shot with my iPhone and edited with either Instagram or Camera+.

8 comments:

  1. Wat leuk om je verslag te lezen... Wat moet het geweldig geweest zijn! Ik kijk uit naar deel 2! fijne dag x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You start to learn Swedish?! It was so nice to meet you in stockholm! I hope you had a safe trip back home. Thank you so much for the link above ;) Have a great day! / Emelie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so nice to meet you in Stockholm, Natascha! Thanks for including me in your report :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een heerlijk avontuur! Ik geniet met je mee, super leuk dat je het met ons deelt!
    Liefs Lisanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the linky love, pet!! Your rundown is fab, I might just point my readers to your recaps instead ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elv & Lisanne, volgende keer meegaan! Het was echt super leuk! Emelie & Judith, so nice to meet you too!
    Kimberly, sweetypie! So nice to meet you too and thanks for the compliment :D And you're welcome!
    Have a great weekend, girls!

    Natascha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It ws really lovely meeting you Natascha. Do keep in touch. Love the roundup. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It was lovely to meet you too, Geraldine :-) We'll definitely keep in touch.
      Big hug.
      Natascha xoxo

      Delete