Saturday, February 9, 2013

My weekend in Stockholm part 3 - City sights + hot spots

Hello dears! Sorry to keep you waiting. I've been sick in bed with a cold and a migraine. So, I wasn't able to blog. Today I want to share some images of the city of Stockholm. During my stay I had time to take a walk around the old part of the city, Gamla Stan. I also got a chance to visit the photography museum Fotografika on my last day, monday. And I also did some shopping, of course. Here's an impression of the rest of my weekend in Stockholm. This is the last post, I promise :)

CITY SIGHTS





FOTOGRAFISKA 
If you love photography and if you're in Stockholm, you have to visit Fotografiska - the Stockholm photogrpahy museum. I got a chance to see the exhibition of famous photographer David La Chapelle! Great photography and I loved the vivid and bright colours in his photography. His images are provocative, sometimes somewhat disturbing but always with a social message.


These are just a few images of the exhibition, to give you an impression. If any of you are in Stockholm the coming weeks, you have until the 3rd of march to visit the exhibition. Or check out the website of David LaChapelle for more about him and his work.

Together with the sweet and lovely Lia from the blog Scandinasian by Lendalia I had a nice lunch, talked for hours, visited the exhibition and then went nuts in the museum shop! We bought some lovely posters there.
Tip: the Fotografiska is a great place to have lunch! Tasty fresh food and the restaurant has a great view of Stockholm!

SHOPPING TIPS
I arrived in Stockholm on friday afternoon and I immediately went into the city to explore. I also did some design shopping that first day. Here are my favorite hot spots :

Check the website for the addresses or you can shop online (even better ;-).
So, that's it dears. That'll be all on my trip to Stockholm. I didn't get a chance to visit the Design Week because I left monday evening. Maybe next year.

Don't forget about the give away in my previous post - the two make-up cases, leave a comment and you just might win. Have a great weekend! Natascha xoxo


All images by me - shot with iPhone and edited with Instagram.

9 comments:

  1. Oh your shots are so gorgeous and I'm jealous you got to see so much more on the Friday! It's such a beautiful city, I really would love to go back again. Sorry you've not be well my dear, hope you are feeling much better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een ontzettend mooie foto's!!! Heerlijk om zo met je mee te genieten :-) Fijn weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls! I'm the laziest photographer, ever! These are all photo's taken with my iPhone!!! And edited with Camera+ Instagram! :D Ssshhhh, don't tell ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prachtig! Wat lijkt me dat een schiterrende stad. Dankzij jouw prachtige gemaakte foto's, kunnen we zo even meegenieten. Bedankt.

    Groetjes Henny,
    http://hennyvanderwal.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Henny, dank voor je bericht en graag gedaan!
    Natascha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dank je wel voor de lieve woorden vriendin!!!! Behalve een super te gek weekend in mijn lievelingsstad heb ik een nieuwe vriendin en inspiratiebron erbij gekregen!!!! Echt super!!!! Ik zie je in mei en ik verwacht wel een bezoek in Japan! Dikke kus!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liaaaaaa!!!! Vriendschap voor het leven gesloten! Wij zien elkaar in mei en dan kletsen we gezellig bij. En Japan staat nu bovenaan de lijst van toekomstige vakantiebestemmingen! Groetjes aan je lieve hubby en succes met de jetlag. Hele dikke knuf en kus, amiga xoxox

      Delete
  7. Your photos are beautiful Natascha. I went to Fotografiska too. David Lachapelle was amazing wasn't he? He is a genius at his compositions - so complex, creative and witty with a twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thank you, Geraldine! I just took the photo's with my iPhone and used Instagram or Camera+ to edit them. Great that you got to go to David LaChapelle's exhibition, it was amazing indeed.
      Natascha xoxo

      Delete